[LAD] audio function generator ?

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Sat Jan 30 22:18:50 UTC 2010

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 22:59:11 +0100
fons at kokkinizita.net wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 09:51:13PM +0000, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
> > Hi Dave,
> >
> > what do you mean by an Audio Function Generator?
>
> Wanted to post the same question yesterday but forgot...
>
> Ciao,

In the hardware world these are usually simply sine/triangle/square
wave generators, but the posh ones also do frequency sweeps, and the
very posh ones let you set up a range of mathematical functions that
will produce a repeating waveshape and/or sweep of your choice.

Theoretically this aught to be far easier to do entirely in software
(and no, I don't have sufficient programming skill). I'm actually
quite surprised that we aren't knee deep in the things :)

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk