[LAD] [Fwd: Re: No nagging, a serious question]

Gordon JC Pearce gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Sun Jul 4 21:44:18 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-07-04 at 22:16 +0100, Dan Mills wrote:

> You could probably hack a multi serial port card to do multiple midi
> ports (Change the rock to give a suitable divider for 31250 baud
> (4MHz?), add current loop interfaces)...

Been there, done that - when I was a penniless dole-scrounging scruffy
university drop-out living on a farm in the middle of nowhere, I decided
I needed a MIDI sequencer.  So, I modified an old serial card with a
4MHz crystal which divides to 31250 baud, and wrote a simple
tracker-style sequencer in a mixture of C and assembler on DOS.  It
worked, kind of.  If you wanted to do anything really wild like change
the tempo you needed to recompile.

Gordon MM0YEQ