[LAD] Routing signals in mixer (Ardour, Qtractor)

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Jul 7 12:44:51 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 6:59 AM, Louigi Verona <louigi.verona at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yep, I can even show everyone a screenshot - in fact, I was wrong to say
> that there is one stereo in and one mono in - there are
> actually two stereo ins.

You're very confused :)

The vocoder plugin is a *MONO* plugin, or more precisely, 1-in/1out
with the twist of an extra input as the formant.  But ... to a host,
it looks indistinguishable from a 2in/1out plugin because LADSPA has
no way to mark "side-chain" inputs. No LADSPA host is going to be any
difference unless it uses "per-plugin" hacks.

If you don't know  that the 2nd input is really a side-chain this
looks like an odd I/O configuration., but you can use this in Ardour
by creating a 2-in/1out track or bus and using the vocoder plugin. You
will have to make the connections to the track/bus inputs by hand,
based on your knowledge of which is the format and which is the
carrier.