[LAD] Feature request for FIL-Plugins

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Wed Jul 7 13:47:20 UTC 2010

Excerpts from fons's message of 2010-07-07 13:50:58 +0200:
> On Wed, Jul 07, 2010 at 01:18:40PM +0200, Jostein Chr. Andersen wrote:
>
> > I'm a very happy user of the decent FIL-equalizer and so far, it serves all my
> > needs for mixing down mono channels in mixing situations. The problem is that
> > a Stereo EQ is also needed from time to time, for example with drums; I'm
> > thinking about overhead channels. I use to make on bus for the drums and an
> > additional bus for the OH channels (so left and right OH channels can use
> > common hipass, compressor and EQs, and deesser (and so on)), then every drum
> > item is feed into the drum bus and OH's is feed it's stereo bus and from there
> > into the drum bus; this is probably the most common way to do it.
> >
> > So my humble (I hope) request is: Is it possible to make a stereo version of
> > FIL-equalizer and can someone implement it? That would make the mixing
> > situation very much better.
>
> If you mean the LADSPA plugin, I don't see the problem: Ardour
> will automatically duplicate it if you use it in a stereo track
> or bus.
>
> > And while I'm at it: Is it possible to add a Hi Pass filter (12(/18)/24 db) on
> > them too? ;-)
>
> The plugin is frozen as far as I'm concerned, as there
> are some new ones in preparation - see for example
> <http://www.kokkinizita.net/linuxaudio/eq1.png>.
> This one has improved parametric sections, second
> order shelf filters (with variable slope) and an
> 18 dB/oct higpass.
>
> This will be released some day as a series of plugins
> (using their own standard) together with host/plugin
> libraries and a reference host.
>
> ATM it is available as a Jack app to selected users,
> write to me off-list if you want to try it.
>
> Ciao,

Previously I was unsure whether it will be a set of lv2 extension or
another plugin API, I guessed the former but apparently was wrong.
Does it really need another plugin API in addition to the 5 free and
native (read: non-VST) APIs I can think of off the top of my head?
--
Regards,
Philipp

--
"Wir stehen selbst enttäuscht und sehn betroffen / Den Vorhang zu und alle Fragen offen." Bertolt Brecht, Der gute Mensch von Sezuan