[LAD] transport/timebase calculations

James Morris james at jwm-art.net
Sun Jul 11 13:27:01 UTC 2010

Hi,

I can't see what's wrong with the calculations I'm performing for
timebase/transport in my JACK app. I'm not sure where the error lies.
I keep looking and looking at it, changing bits, experimenting, and
still not getting the desired result.

Everything is playing too slow. For example, @ 120bpm 4/4 time, the
second (or third) bar starts almost an entire beat too late.

Please could someone take a look at the calculations and see if
there's something obviously wrong with them?

The source can be viewed online at:
http://github.com/jwm-art-net/BoxySeq/blob/master/jack_transport.c

The poll function starts at line 169

the jack timebase call back starts at 226.

The code was originally based on non-sequencer or dino or some
combination of both.

It is also a bit grumpy with other JACK apps which use transport, but
I trying to fix the time keeping first.

TIA,
James.