[LAD] Routing signals in mixer (Ardour, Qtractor)

Louigi Verona louigi.verona at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 15:06:12 UTC 2010

> Ok, got it working in Qtractor:
> - In Qtractor I've created four tracks with corresponding buses: Formant
> Synth
> (1 channel), Carrier Voice (1 channel), Vocoder (2 channels) and Vocoder
> Mix (2 channels)
> - All tracks output their signal to their corresponding buses,
> except for Vocoder Mix which outputs to the Master output buses
> - Then I've loaded the vocoder LADSPA plugin into the Vocoder track.
> Input 1 of the Vocoder bus is the carrier and input 2 is the formant
> - After that I've made the following connections in Qtractor's
> Connections window:
> http://linux.autostatic.com/images/2010-07/vocoder-connections.png
>
> Best,
>
> Jeremy

Nope, I couldn't do it. I did everything you said but there is no sound.
I tried it first with audio files playing inside Qtractor.
Then I did how you did - I tried external sources (though I don't care for
that kind of
functionality, I need it inside Qtractor, that was the whole point of
creating this mail).
But still - with external sources there was
no sound. When I would press "monitor" on all four tracks, it would just
play two distinct
tracks, no vocoding applied.

I would be glad if you show me where is my error.

--
Louigi Verona
http://www.louigiverona.ru/