[LAD] Tests directly routing pc's midi-in to midi-out

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Jul 15 10:49:44 UTC 2010

PS:

> How should I do
>
> - I should be able to get my Atari ST working. It's MIDI is good enough
> for my needs. So, how should I use the Atari ST to make a
> 'timestamp'-test as somebody recommended?
> The Atari e.g. could play 4 on the floor at 120 BPM. I could watch the
> received events by a Linux MIDI monitor or record it by a Linux MIDI
> sequencer. But, should I sync by MTC or anything else etc.?

I guess openoctave supports an ALSA MIDI sequencer only, based on
Rosegarden, but without audio, hence jackd isn't needed?

Perhaps seq24 and other only need ALSA MIDI, but JACK audio ... but make
use of those isn't easy and perhaps they don't know MIDI sync
possibilities?

OTOH MIDI sync by e.g. MTC might not be useful for this test?