[LAD] [Somewhat OT] Strange failure mode of a PC

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Sat Jul 17 21:07:28 UTC 2010

On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 22:46:01 +0200
fons at kokkinizita.net wrote:

> Still it's quite sobering that this cheap 0.30 Euro thing
> was capable of bringing down a 1600 Euro workstation...
> Who would suspect a switch to fail in this way ?
>
> Ciao,

Not the least bit surprised. In my industry crappy membrane switches
bring £3,000,000 printing presses to a halt :(

P.S.
Doesn't help that operators tend to poke them with allen keys,
screwdrivers, pens or whatever else they may happen to have in their
hand at the time.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk