[LAD] May I asked something OT?

Robert Jonsson spamatica at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 12:13:12 UTC 2010

2010/7/19 Tim E. Real <termtech at rogers.com>:
> If you play a Gibson you can set the neck pickup volume to zero and
>  the bridge pickup volume to full and then toggle the pickup switch,
>  rapidly if desired, like Eddie van Halen on You Really Got Me.
> Tim.

Ah, this takes me back. A long long time ago, in a galaxy far far...
no not that far away.
Anyway, had a Yamaha SG clone and cheap amp set at maximum distortion
(probably a distortion pedal too) and playing in a small, not very
well damped practice room with my mates. As soon as I stopped playing
it would constantly wail. The solution as you mention was to set the
neck pickup to zero and switch to it.
Didn't know about the EVH anecdote though :)

Regards,
Robert