[LAD] twice as loud

lieven moors lievenmoors at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 19:55:40 UTC 2010

...continuation of truncated mail (does anyone know why this happens?)

>From that chart we could get an estimate of the size of the measurement
unit. Frequencies with with bigger SPL variations would be measured
with bigger units, and visa versa. And from this we could deduce what
the minimum precision is for a certain frequency, when we say it is twice
as loud. To satisfy the requirement of maximum precision, we should
take into account the smallest observable differences for every frequency
in the spectrum.

Greetings,

Lieven