[LAD] mailing list subject line

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Fri Jul 23 12:12:30 UTC 2010

Excerpts from lieven moors's message of 2010-07-23 13:50:36 +0200:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I need some help on using the mailing list.
> The problem is that I don't know why my posts
> are creating new threads in the mailing list
> archives. And I am not sure what the subject
> line should be, so the post gets attached to the
> existing thread. I use "Re: subject" in the subject
> line, but this doesn't seem to be enough (although
> I think this used to work)
> Part of the problem might be that I choose not to
> receive all the mailing list mail in my mailbox.
> So I am mostly replying to feeds.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Lieven

This is mostly a thing the mail client should take care of. You seem to
be using thunderbird, which may be doing something stupid. Usually using
'reply to list' should be enough. I don't know thunderbird, it might
have issues displaying replies correctly as well. Most mails you wrote
were displayed correctly for me, but I know that my client 'sup' has
issues when the reply header info is gone and the list ends up in the
cc-field, something some clients seem to do.

Point is, it's a client thing. There might be settings to make it behave
more or less correctly. There might be a 'reply to list' button you
should use.
--
Regards,
Philipp

--
"Wir stehen selbst enttäuscht und sehn betroffen / Den Vorhang zu und alle Fragen offen." Bertolt Brecht, Der gute Mensch von Sezuan