[LAD] Solved: No Flash audio. With a question.

Tim E. Real termtech at rogers.com
Sun Jul 25 03:43:24 UTC 2010

On July 24, 2010 06:44:40 pm you wrote:
> For the alsa "default" device, as used by web-apps and other things
> where you haven't explicitly set the device, consider using a "dmix"
> device such as done in http://nielsmayer.com/npm/dot-asoundrc.txt
I've battled with .asoundrc before so I know my way around a bit.
Been a while since I looked at dmix.
If I run at say 128 Jack frames, will dmix slow things appreciably,
 particularly with a complex .asoundrc ?

> What would be more interesting, and I haven't explored yet, would be
> to combine the "dmix" and "dshare" examples from the file above, which
> would allow reserving a single stereo pair for "default" that would
> resample to 44.1K no matter what the sample rate -- thus no diddling
> around between playing web video @ 48K versus audio @ 44.1K.
> See 66ch12 66ch34 66ch56 66ch78 66spdif for the dshare devices made
> out of a single ice1712 device (Delta 66). So if "default" is assigned
> to channels 1+2, I could still use
> devices 66ch34 66ch56 66ch78 or 66spdif to access other outputs,
> independently of whether a web browser has tied up channels 1/2.  (too
> bad jackd won't work (?) with such a configuration of "sharing" part
> of a card via ALSA dshare -- last time I tried it treated the card as
> "busy" until I released resources associated with the remaining
> dshare'd part of the card)
>
> Another example of a dmix'd default device -- an ICE1724 --
> http://nielsmayer.com/npm-dynex-asoundrc.txt which also duplicates the
> stream to both analog (i.e. headphone out) and SPDIF outputs
> simultaneously. Although now that I understand this card better, for
> the particular example of a dynex dx-sc51 I'd run it at 48K because of
> the particular AC97 codec used on this $0.99 best-buy special.
This would be handy.

> Niels
> http://nielsmayer.com
>
> PS: ob-envy24: I'm close to releasing my improvements of
> envy24control. Just one more bug to fix. Some screenshots:
> http://nielsmayer.com/envy24control/Screenshot-Envy24Control-AnalogVolume.p
>ng
> http://nielsmayer.com/envy24control/Screenshot-Envy24Control-MonitorInputs.
>png
> http://nielsmayer.com/envy24control/Screenshot-Envy24Control-MonitorPCM.png

Holy crud that's nice !!! You really went to town on this !
How the heck did you manage the slider markings, after I posted I thought it
 was impossible to satisfy, especially with different cards  ?

Cheers. Tim.