[LAD] twice as loud

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Jul 25 10:43:17 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-07-25 at 12:32 +0200, lieven moors wrote:
> On 07/25/2010 09:31 AM, Tim E. Real wrote:
> > Hey, you know that little triangular flap of skin that almost
> >  covers the ear, just above the earlobe?
> >
> > Whaddya think if humans are (were?) to evolve that
> >  little flap so it can be completely and tightly pressed
> >  against the ear (like you can do now with your finger)
> >  thus acting as an 'eyelid' for your ear in case things get
> >  too loud ?
> >
> > I mean what the heck is it doing there now, eh?
> >
> > Tim.
> >
> No need for that! I can already cover my ears completely
> with my earlobes (that's why they're there, right?)
> But I agree, it would be a little more comfortable...
>
> Lieven

Just one question. Am I the only one who received a mail similar to this
off-list:

> > [ yet more irrelvant mindless crap! ]
> >
> > How does the external ear exactly work? Perhaps it's part of this
> > function, to reflect sound.
>
> Absolutely nothing to do with Linux Audio Development Ralf, ... please
desist.

I sometimes receive mails off-list abusing me for mails other people did
wrote.
Here I did wrote this mail, but as a reply to this topic. So please, if
you don't like me folks, abuse me for stuff that were my crime.