[LAD] Unite file types & project settings

Harry Van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 11:48:51 UTC 2010

Hey all,

I've been pondering lately about loading sessions with Linux Audio, and
realized that
I would find it particularly useful if I could load an LMMS project file
into Ardour, and then
proceed to move that into QTractor, and do my last mastering in Audacity.

As things stand, this is possible, but it requires exporting .wav files,
importing them to Ardour, then
positioning them, doing what you need to do, and proceed to export them
again to move them to another program.

I'm hoping to get opinions if dev's think it may be a good idea to try and
standardize a common "file-type" or "project file"
across Linux Audio Apps.

Eg: Programs support a filetype which is known as a .lap
(LinuxAudioProject..?), and would contain all the MIDI clips,
.wav files, synth settings etc etc across the project. (even JACK output
settings?)

Open to opinions... -Harry