[LAD] Help, someone interested in taking over a small orphaned jack-module

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Wed Jun 2 11:37:40 UTC 2010

Hello everyone!
   I've just scanned the code of app_jack.c as best I could. It seems, that the
functionality is rather simple:
create a jack_client, if demanded, connect it to somewhere.

Get Audioframes from a telephone channel (8kHz, signed 16 bit - I believe)

If necessary resample them to jack_sampl_rate

Get input from JACK, if necessary resample them to 8kHz

Write 20ms frames back to the telephone channel.

   all the JACK code gets to see of the asterisk system, is the audio frames,
simple buffers.
   As far as I could determine, there seems to be nothing wrong. The code is
quite nicely commented and I compared snippets of it to some of the jackd
example-clients' source code.
   Perhaps I overlooked something. I'm not too good with reading other people's
code. Well, not even my own. :-(
   Kindly yours
            Julien

--------