[LAD] meta issue tracker idea

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sat Jun 5 18:58:28 UTC 2010

> On 5 June 2010 21:58, Olivier Guilyardi <list at samalyse.com> wrote:
>> Le 05/06/10 13:45, Renato a écrit :

> Sure, it's a neat idea. If implemented _properly_, it will at least
> serve the function of having a centralised database of such issues.
> But what really caught my attention is this:
>
>>> One feature I believe would be useful is that if I file a "bug"
>>> regarding the interaction of app 1,2 and 3, the relative devs get
>>> automatically mailed and can jump in the discussion
>
> Now, I'm not very optimistic about co-operation between developers of
> app 1, 2 and 3, unless all three are high-profile. The only assurance
> is a monetary bounty system.

I like this idea and I can see a place for it at Linuxaudio.org. A
centralised feature/bug/infrastructure tracker.

I think the hardest part will be to isolate the most important information
and present it in a very obvious way. This could easily get left high and
dry by making the system too complex for the info that is being
aggregated.

A way to start the system could be to collate the info using rss feeds
from the various bug trackers that are already in use.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.