[LAD] qjackctl & server name

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Sun Jun 6 20:43:32 UTC 2010

Qjackctl has the -n option to select a Jack server name,
and recent versions also allow multiple presets.

What would it take to make the server name a element of
a preset rather than a command line option ?

That would finally allow to run multiple jacks on the
same machine (something I've been doing quite a lot
recently) without having to start each qjackctl with
a different command line option (e.g. from a desktop
menu).

And maybe the four start/stop scripts should also be
'per preset'.

While we're here: almost no apps support selecting a
specific Jack server. I've been adding this to some
of my own just because I needed it.
Using -n for this can be problematic if the toolset
used doesn't allow context-sensitive options: -n is
also used as a parameter for an ALSA interface, and
some apps support both Jack and ALSA.

Ciao,

--
FA