[LAD] Jack buffer management for block convolution

Olivier Guilyardi list at samalyse.com
Thu Jun 10 14:02:11 UTC 2010

On 06/10/2010 03:18 PM, Damien Zammit wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have written a FFTW based block convolution jack client, but I am
> having difficulty processing the last jackframes%L samples of the jack
> buffer.  I have read that it might be an idea to collect the samples
> into a second buffer and process them independently of the jack
> process callback, but I have no clue how to implement that.  Any
> suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm not sure that it will work for convolution, but this might help:
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-dev/2009-November/025738.html

It hides the complexity of buffer management when doing fft+ifft, using a
callback which receives buffers of frequency domain data. The code also deals
with windowing the signal.

--
  Olivier