[LAD] Looking for the cause of pulsating noises

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Jun 11 12:10:52 UTC 2010

Olivier Guilyardi wrote:
> Here is the sample, it's a musical flute and violin recording:
> http://sound.samalyse.org/tapemachine/pulsations.wav
>
> Listen carefully and you will here small pulsations.

Here I didn't need to listen carefully, it's unmistakable. I know this
kind of noise when doing recordings with anlog consumer cassette
recorders and cheap microphones and cables.

Listen carefully and you will here this or similar pulsations for the
sine wave too, perhaps just some background noise, when the sine was
recorded.

What happens for recordings without microphones?

Ralf