[LAD] meta issue tracker idea

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Mon Jun 14 12:06:56 UTC 2010

Excerpts from Robin Gareus's message of 2010-06-07 00:10:38 +0200:
> On 06/05/2010 11:50 PM, drew Roberts wrote:
> > On Saturday 05 June 2010 14:40:35 Ray Rashif wrote:
> >> The only assurance
> >> is a monetary bounty system.
>
> I disagree.
>
> > Might be possible to leave out the monetary bit at least. How about credits on
> > a musicians next release as a bounty for instance? Other way out bounties?
> >
> whatever. Just don't force money on people who don't want it.
>
> Money corrupts.

I also don't think that a monetary bounty system is a good idea. Besides
a personal dislike for it there are strong indications that it simply
doesn't work (I believe Paul can tell a tale about the huge gap between
bounty and actual work hours).
There are lots of other things that developers need and users can offer.
The first thing obviously being to follow through with the bug they posted,
to test and work with the devs to resolve it. Other things that came to
my mind are documentation, video tutorials, graphics, whatever other
skills the user possesses and the developer needs, something can be done
by anyone.
--
Regards,
Philipp

--
"Wir stehen selbst enttäuscht und sehn betroffen / Den Vorhang zu und alle Fragen offen." Bertolt Brecht, Der gute Mensch von Sezuan