[LAD] meta issue tracker idea

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Mon Jun 14 12:25:16 UTC 2010

Excerpts from Geoff Beasley's message of 2010-06-06 00:36:15 +0200:
> On 06/06/2010 08:33 AM, Geoff Beasley wrote:
> > linuxaudio.org would indeed be a good place for such a tracker, and it
> > is indeed a good idea but for the issue of 'updatedness' ie; it would
> > need quite some effort to remain up-to-date and therefore relevant and
> > useful.If it slipped behind it could in fact have the opposite
> > effect.  who would be prepared to undertake such a burden? it would
> > need to be completely automated as the amount of info could be quite
> > substantial quite quickly... seems to me the devil is in the detail.
> >
> perhaps a centralised,searchable database of existing bugtrackers may be
> another option...
>
> g.

I think this would be relatively easy to do using the software that
powers openhatch.org, but I don't think it would help with
interoperability bugs. Some trackers are already huge on their own, some
apps don't have trackers, so it would be huge but still inclomplete.
--
Regards,
Philipp

--
"Wir stehen selbst enttäuscht und sehn betroffen / Den Vorhang zu und alle Fragen offen." Bertolt Brecht, Der gute Mensch von Sezuan