[LAD] Qt GUI for LV2 Plugin

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Jun 15 11:34:17 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 3:49 AM, Jeremy <jeremybubs at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> So I've written a GUI, and I've gotten a better understanding of how the Qt
> framework works.  It seems to me that all that would be necessary is for the
> host to pass a pointer to a QWidget, which the plugin adds itself to, and
> the rest can behave exactly like the ui:GtkUI.  If I'm not mistaken, all
> that would be necessary it to write a new rdf file.

far from true. That would be enough to make the GUI work in a Qt host.
But the problems of making it work in a GTK host, or vice versa,
making a plugin using ui:QtUI work in a Qt host, would remain.

torben, dave and i had some detailed discussions on IRC recently about
some new ideas on how to make this work, but i don't think its easy
and its not likely to appear any time soon.

nothing like the plethora of choices implied by open source
development to royally screw up basic things.