[LAD] audio/midi app development

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Jun 16 18:52:13 UTC 2010

Paul Davis wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 2:30 PM, Ralf Mardorf
> <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>

>> PS: Why not programming for savant syndrome musical gifted and 'fast'
>> watching people too?
>>

> the limits under discussion relate to monitor technology, not human
> capabilities.

I'm not a 'fast watching savant' ;) and even if the GUI is too slow, I
won't care. I'm listening to music with my very good ears, but my bad
eyes. No doubt, Linux is a good choice, but MIDI real-time could be
better. For me the GUI is unimportant. BUT I prefer to do audio
recordings using Linux, but MIDI recordings. It's a real pity, because
MIDI would add some very cool features.

2 cents,
Ralf