[LAD] audio/midi app development

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Thu Jun 17 07:42:04 UTC 2010

Excerpts from Gene Heskett's message of 2010-06-17 01:32:00 +0200:
> On Wednesday 16 June 2010, Philipp Überbacher wrote:
> >Excerpts from Gene Heskett's message of 2010-06-17 00:45:14 +0200:
> [...]
>
> >I fear something named simply 'emc' isn't easy to find around the net.
>
> Try <http://www.linuxcnc.org/hardy/ubuntu-8.04-desktop-emc2-aj07-i386.iso>
>
> --
> Cheers, Gene
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
> 75. I think it should not be doing that...
>
>     --Top 100 things you don't want the sysadmin to say

Thanks, I found it eventually (I'm really bad at using search engines).
Quite interesting, it uses a RTAI patched kernel. I also read this has a
module to disable SMIs, which is kind of hard to believe..

At my school we transfered the CAD files per floppy to a DOS box that
controlled the CNC machine, guess that's for the same reason, bad rt
capabilities of newer OSes and machines.
--
Regards,
Philipp

--
"Wir stehen selbst enttäuscht und sehn betroffen / Den Vorhang zu und alle Fragen offen." Bertolt Brecht, Der gute Mensch von Sezuan