[LAD] piano sound fonts

Simon Burton simon at arrowtheory.com
Thu Jun 17 14:41:58 UTC 2010

Hi all,

So I'm banging around some piano samples:

http://pythonicle.net/sounds/output-7.ogg
http://pythonicle.net/sounds/output-7.mp3

using phasing (a la Steve Reich) and some piano samples I found here:

http://www.pianosounds.com/freesoundfont.htm

Does anyone have a recommendation for a more comprehensive (non-free even)
piano sound palette ?

I use python code* and was very happy to be able to import soundfont files.

I see also these gigasampler files, maybe i can use libgig to access those (?)

*Here are all my secrets: http://pythonicle.net/svn/projects/dsptools
Take a look if you are curious. There is python wrappers for using numpy
with ladspa and portaudio. And i forget what else. One of these days
I might get around to cleaning all this up, but right now I need to
make sounds just to bring some sanity into my world.

bye for now,

Simon.