[LAD] Better lossless compressions?

Jeremy jeremybubs at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 21:47:04 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 5:32 PM, <fons at kokkinizita.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 06:18:17PM -0300, A. C. Censi wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 5:31 PM,  <fons at kokkinizita.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > Does it decompress to the original ?
> >
> > ... lots of text but no answer ...
>
> So I'll repeat the question: Does it decompress to the original ?
> ( _it_ meaning the file that was reported to be compressed better
> than 7:1)
>
> Ciao,
>
> --
> FA
>
> O tu, che porte, correndo si ?
> E guerra e morte !

No algorithm is provided to decompress, but I realize that I have made a
mistake, because I read in the audio as floating point, but the algorithm
uses integer based audio coding.  So basically it thinks everything is 0,1,
or -1.  I am using GNU Octave, and I have tried some different functions for
converting the audio to integers, but none of the functions provided by
octave seem to work.  I'll try and do it properly some time.

Jeremy