[LAD] remember ??

Tim E. Real termtech at rogers.com
Wed Jun 23 17:58:56 UTC 2010

On June 22, 2010 04:12:50 pm fons at kokkinizita.net wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> those of you who attended LAC2009 will recognise the Sala
> Bianca and lovely metal girl Giorgia:
>
>   <http://www.youtube.com/user/WinterHaze01>
>
> Enjoy !

Wow, this girl rocks!
No, I mean really rocks!

I'm sitting watching enjoying this video, and all of a sudden -
 and earthquake tremor hits, rocking our whole house
 violently for a few minutes ! (Ottawa 1:30pm).

And I thought all these computer audio conferences played
 was cheesy tasteless made-with-C64 synth pop.
Wow, gonna have to attend some day...

To Gene:
I had the same problem, no audio in Firefox.
So I completely disabled Pulse.
That seems to have cured it. Or else it was this:
Make sure ALSA is not mixing up the order of your audio devices,
 which it has a *terrible* habit of doing randomly from day-to-day.
(How to stop that ???)
Make sure the first device is the actual desired audio output device.

Tim.