[LAD] Jack latency handling (Re: Software for recording digital audio?)

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Jun 25 12:27:14 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 7:23 AM, Kjetil S. Matheussen
<k.s.matheussen at notam02.no> wrote:

> Thanks for the info! I also wonder, does jack compansate for
> latency when it mixes the outputs from ports (i.e. when several
> output ports are connected to a jack_capture port), so that
> the sound is in sync?

no, JACK doesn't implement any policy with regards to latency
compensation. it considers its role as providing the information
necessary for clients to keep their own data correctly aligned.

currently it doesn't do that very well, but this will change whenever
i get to implement the new design i posted about on the jack mailing
list about 2-3 months ago.