[LAD] Integrate LASH into Jack

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Fri Mar 5 11:51:36 UTC 2010

On Friday 05 March 2010 11:48:11 Gerald Mwangi wrote:
> Hi, this is a part of a previous mail,but with catchier Subject
>
> I think LASH should be integrated into Jack, to make it mandatory for
> linux audio apps. The missing LASH support is one of the main issues
> disturbing me, when working with linux audio. Now I've said it, ha.
> I'm thinking of having Jack require a Load/Save callback, prior to
> activating the client. How feasible is that?

I also think that Qt should be linked into jack because most audio apps are
missing a nice gui...

<irony off>

LASH is dead. Session-handling in jack is the future. Thats why there is
currently a big discussion going on about using jacks own ipc for the session
handling of clients.
You might want to read the archives of the last days of this list and the jack
developers list...

Have fun,

Arnold