[LAD] Descent synth as dssi

Gordon JC Pearce gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Fri Mar 5 16:40:54 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 10:16 -0600, Josh Lawrence wrote:

> I have no idea why, but I have a warm, fuzzy soft place in my heart
> for DSSI plugins.  they always seem to just work.

Yes.  I know LV2 is supposed to be "the future", but I can't see why
forcing a tiny synth plugin to link to half a gig of libraries and
include a really really overcomplicated RDF parser is a good idea.
Especially when I just can't see anything that LV2 does that DSSI can't
do!

LV2 is one of the reasons I've stopped using and developing audio
software; I tried using it and it was a huge productivity-killer.  It's
impossible to get the GUIs to work properly, and it's really *really*
awkward to fire up a plugin.

Gordon MM0YEQ