[LAD] detailed spectrum for wide freq range

Andrew Gaydenko a at gaydenko.com
Fri Mar 12 10:32:19 UTC 2010

On Friday 12 March 2010 11:45:22 Raine M. Ekman wrote:
> Have you tried Audacity? Choose Analyze->Plot Spectrum and you probably
> get all the options you need.

It isn't detaild sufficiently. Say, if I have a signal with 10 tones at -20db
level (in 20Hz - 20KHz range), I'd want to see 10 appropriate peaks at -20db
with almost -inf db between (and harmonics and intermodulations at case this
signal is was going and recorded through some hardware - all chain must work
at 192K).

On Friday 12 March 2010 11:49:26 Arnold Krille wrote:
> Replace jaaa with japa in your work-flow.
> Same author, same quality, more features and logarithmic frequency scaling.
> And inbuilt white and pink noise generator...

It's limited in freq and scale (db) ranges.

On Friday 12 March 2010 12:36:11 Andres Cabrera wrote:
> Since you have an audio file, Sonic Visualizer is ideal for this:
> http://www.sonicvisualiser.org/

Still can not realize how to install it on Kubuntu 9.10. Any PPA? Or will try
to compile manually (as well as vamp SDK 2.0).

Andrew