[LAD] Updates from kokkinizita

Philipp hollunder at lavabit.com
Mon Mar 15 13:33:26 UTC 2010

Excerpts from fons's message of 2010-03-15 00:39:47 +0100:
> Hello all,
>
> Some updates are available on
> <http://www.kokkinizita.net/linuxaudio/downloads>
>
> 1. libclalsadrv-2.0.0
>
> This the the Alsa interface library used by Aeolus, Jaaa,
> Japa and AMS.
>
> The new release allows to specify separate Alsa device
> names for playback, capture and control, i.e. it allows
> the use of 'split' devices that may result from e.g.
> combining several soundcards into one device.
> The old API is still available but will be removed in
> future releases.
> Note that 2.0.0 is *not* binary compatible with the
> previous release (hence the major version increment),
> and may require a recompile of the apps using it.
>
> There are two example programs in the 'apps' directory.
> * alsa-loopback: just copies stereo input to output.
> * alsa-latency: latency measurement, same algorithm
>   as used in jack_delay.
>
> 2. jaaa-0.6.0 and japa-0.6.0
>
> * General cleanup, now compile without warnings using
>   gcc-4.4.3.
> * When using Jack, a new option (-s) allows to specify
>   the Jack server to use.
> * Require libclalsadrv-2.0.0.
> * When using Alsa, two new options (-P, -C, used instead
>   of -d) allow to specify a split Alsa device.
> * Added $(DESTDIR) to the Makefiles.
>
> 3. Aeolus-0.8.4
>
> * Same changes as for Jaaa and Japa (except for -C, -P).
> * Five new temperaments added, provided by Hanno
>   Hoffstadt and Adam Sampson.
>

> Note to AMS users: if you have a binary install of AMS
> make sure not to remove the current libclalsadrv. If you
> have a source install, update libclalsadrv and recompile
> AMS.
>
> Ciao,

Hi Fons,
thanks for letting everyone know about the updates.
I did update everything in AUR, except for japa which has the old
install error.

I did have to split the apps from clalsadrv into a separate package
because of their dependency on clalsadrv.

Regards,
Philipp