[LAD] automation on Linux (modular approach)

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Mar 22 21:56:21 UTC 2010

Keep in mind that there are hardware MIDI control panels that anyway
would need a bridge for MIDI in to internal Linux cv. Pushing virtual
knobs is a pain because of several issues, e.g. because of the mouse
resolution.

> I still want to build an emulator for one of these

I would like to have one, especially because I fear that one of the CME
microchips someday will go west, but I guess that the CME microchips
make the big difference to virtual analog synth.

A nice Feature is a vector control. Just having a kind of MIDI vector
mixer that would use 4 already existing Linux synth would be nice, e.g.
2 instances of fluidsynth and two instances of a polyphonic calf monosynth.

Btw.
http://www.dv247.com/news/Dave%20Smith%20Instruments%20(DSI)%20at%20Digital%20Village/131825