[LAD] automation on Linux (modular approach)

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Mar 23 18:58:36 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 23 March 2010, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>James Morris wrote:
>> I'm with Louigi on this - I'd like to set up a sequence in whatever
>> sequencer I'm using and draw graphs to control cut-offs modulations etc
>> etc in some softsynth BEFORE the sound is output/recorded.
>>
>> But because I can't do this, I have to settle with recording the audio of
>> the synth into ardour, and then use automation to control the params of
>> various LV2/LADSPA plugins. It has provided some interesting (to me)
>> results :-)
>>

>> http://jwm-art.net/art/audio/qtest_fallibility.mp3
>>
>> but I doubt the engineers (or real musicians) amongst you will approve.
>>
>> James.
>
>Hi James :)

Likewise, Hi James.  I thought the percussion was very good, but the keyboard
came in, then the mp3 distortion was obvious and I killed it.  But the kill
wasn't clean and I had to hunt the player down with htop and kill the top
copy of the player, it was left looping about a bar.  I wonder if a FLAC or
ogg would have torn up the keyboard sound like that?  I'd like to try one of
those formats myself as it did sound like the beginnings of something worth
listening to.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

It is no wonder that people are so horrible when they start life as children.
		-- Kingsley Amis