[LAD] automation on Linux (modular approach)

Nick Copeland nickycopeland at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 24 10:57:34 UTC 2010

> if you try to attach a knob of the soft synth to a slider of a midi keyboard, it will not work.

There is no way to differentiate between source controller types (slider/knob) if it just sends
a MIDI CC message. It is possible to remap controllers on your surface to not send CC but
send RP/NRP/SYSEX (or arbitrary combinations) and perhaps these are not interpreted
to expectation. A lot of the surfaces have default pages for compatibility with specific apps
such as an 'Abbleton Live' setup, these will typically not interoperate well with another app
as the receiver.

What is the softsynth and don't you see any difference using any MIDI dump tools when you
move the two controller types on the surface? There is no reason why this should not work
however you will get the best results if the surface just sends a CC. I had the same stuff from
my PCR-30 default settings, some of the sliders sent RP messages and needed to be
reprogrammed.

Nick.

"we have to make sure the old choice [Windows] doesn't disappear”.
Jim Wong, president of IT products, Acer