[LAD] automation on Linux (modular approach)

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Wed Mar 24 23:47:08 UTC 2010

(forgot to copy this to LAD)

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 06:45:00PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 5:59 PM,  <fons at kokkinizita.net> wrote:
>
> > When connected via a loopback on a HW interface
> > I expected the worst case to be events quantised
> > to Jack period (256 frames). Actually it's 10 times
>
> what bridge were you usng between JACK and ALSA?

It was -X raw. I just repeated the test with -X seq
and that provides a completely different picture.

Jitter is +/- 2 frames, with occasional outliers
at around 160 frames, nothing in between.
That is with a 30-track Ardour session running in
the background, DSP load 15%, CPU load 27%.
Unpatched 2.6.32 kernel (which may explain the
occasional larger error).

Not bad at all.

Ciao,

--