[LAD] automation on Linux (modular approach)

James Morris james at jwm-art.net
Thu Mar 25 12:10:15 UTC 2010

On Tue, March 23, 2010 18:58, Gene Heskett wrote:
>>> http://jwm-art.net/art/audio/qtest_fallibility.mp3
>>>
>>> but I doubt the engineers (or real musicians) amongst you will approve.
>>>
>>> James.
>>
>>Hi James :)
>
> Likewise, Hi James.  I thought the percussion was very good, but the
> keyboard
> came in, then the mp3 distortion was obvious and I killed it.  But the

Hi Gene,

Are you sure the distortion was caused by the mp3 encoding? There *is*
lots of distortion in this track anyway, and I usually compare by
listening quickly to both the wav and the mp3 - but have never noticed any
major difference unless I use < 128 kbps (this track is reported as
208kbps using play/sox).

Unfortunately I hunted all around my hard drives and it looks like I
deleted the ardour session for this track (made in 2008) so cannot
definitely say either way.

Thanks Ralf for your comments too.

James.