[LAD] Again MIDI jitter - tested with Fons test applications

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Mar 27 17:42:39 UTC 2010

fons at kokkinizita.net wrote:
> I have some difficulty in believing this. It will sound
> horrible of you mix sounds that have more or less the same
> spectrum - any delay there will lead to cancellations.
> But doing that is a bad idea anyway, even without using
> MIDI. You get the same problem if the same sound is captured
> by two mics at a different distance.

Please understand that I just want to solve my troubles, this isn't a
contest ;).

Perhaps you like to test it by yourself, by e.g. recording drums one
after the other. If possible do the same by using a C64 or Atari ST.

Because of "circulation periods for stereo microphoning". I was engineer
for Brauner microphones, when Dirk Brauner released his surround mic.
This is a serious issue. I wasn't participating on the development of
the surround mic, but at this time I worked for Dirk and I know about
those issues. Even "just" phasing can cause  a lot of issues.