[LAD] jack-session finally merged.

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sun Mar 28 01:31:10 UTC 2010

On 03/28/2010 12:24 PM, Harry Van Haaren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for the effort you've put into this. I havent even tried it
> yet, (will do so
> when I get some time), however as a Lin-Audio user, I really
> appreciate this work.
>
> I will read the API, and if I understand enough of it, I will code
> support for these
> features.

Yesterday I tried to quickly whip up a demo app. I got into it for an
hour but couldn't decide if it was worth adding all the gui features
necessary for a simple demo.

So far I came up with an app that load a gtk window with two buttons and
four sliders.

button1: Save Session
button2: quit session

slider 1 = channel 1, slider 2 = channel 2 etc...

When save session/quit session are pressed the app saves the position of
the sliders to a file on disk and loads it again when started if it exists.

As a simple app it won't really do anything useful apart from demo how
to work with the code so I would like to get some feedback from other
users on what would actually be a useful demo of the code in action.

I'm thinking along the lines of the demos apple released for the iphone
which while being mostly fairly unnecessary are also still perfectly
functional apps in their own right.

If I can remove widgets or add only a couple more that would be preferable.

Cheers.

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd