[LAD] [LAA] [ANN] guitarix-0.07.0 release 'reloaded'

Andreas Degert andreas.degert at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 29 22:03:07 UTC 2010

2010/3/29 torbenh <torbenh at gmx.de>:
> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 11:33:12PM +0200, Andreas Degert wrote:
>>
>>  - --quit doesn't work (unknown dbus command)
>
> yes. its not implemented yet.
>
>>  - --quitas saves but doesn't quit the application
>
> the patch doesnt obey quit. i mailed it a bit too fast.
> sorry.
>
>>  - --quitas and --saveas only seem to save when called the first time with
>>    a session name
>
> do you mean a specifying the same session name twice ?
> the SM refuses to overwrite existing sessions.
> it doesnt print the error code, i think.
>
> i really need to give pyjacksm some love. i was focussing on getting
> a couple of apps patched, and mainly tested using
>
> jack_session_notify save /full/path/to/session_dir
>
> it should be working correctly in jack1 svn r3976
>

>>  - --load gives an exception, but works after killing the daemon
>
> i will go over jacksm now.
> in dbus mode there are some problems.
>

>>  - the saved command line contains -f ${SESSION_DIR}guitarix.state, but
>>    SESSION_DIR doesn't end with a /. Is just the slash missing in the
>>    command line or is the value of SESSION_DIR wrong (for now i have
>>    added a "/") ?
>
> yes. the slash was missing from the replaced value.
> fixed in jacksm git now.
>
> the separators are os dependent. and i wanted to leave them out of the
> API as much as possible.

The current git version of jacksm works now for me. Guitarix also seems
to work fine in a session, but i'm puzzled about weak linking. The function
address (of jack_set_session_callback) is null depending on if its in libjack.so
or not when ld is run, but independent of the version of libjack.so.0 at
runtime. It seems as if the address is always bound lazily at function call
time, not when the function pointer is checked for 0 (means it crashes
when session support is compiled in but the libjack used at runtime
doesn't support it).

ciao
Andreas