[LAD] jack-session finally merged.

torbenh torbenh at gmx.de
Tue Mar 30 15:56:46 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 05:35:02PM +0200, rosea grammostola wrote:
> torbenh wrote:
> >>Does it save and reload sessions / settings / songs of the applications?
> >
> >thats what sessionmanagement is about. it will reproduce the saved state
> >as far as the apps support that.

> So it support not only jack connections and applications
> restoration, but also applications settings e.g. ardour session,
> qtractor project, zynadsubfx settings etc.

i wouldnt call it sessionmanagement if internal application settings
were not restored.

> >>Is it possible to load an application with the SM, with an certain
> >>setting / preset/ session?
> >
> >i dont understand this question.
> >the SM only starts apps when you reload a session.
> I have a session save with the SM. In that session I have Ardour
> running with a certain Ardoursession.
> Do I have to reload that ardoursession manually after the SM has
> relaunced Ardour, or is the ardoursession also restored?

no manual ardoursession loading.

> >if you want to start an app just start it. via any means you like.
> In Ladish you can (re)start applications with a certain session /
> file / patch for example
>
> ardour2 /path/rocksong.ardour

i still dont understand what you mean ?
is ardour2 /path/rocksong.ardour  part of a session save ?

if you reload the session ardour will come up with rocksong.ardour
loaded. (in fact it will be the snapshot that was created during the
session save.

if its not part of the session then you need to run it yourself.
if you save session after start it. it will be part of the session.

--
torben Hohn