[LAD] A vocoder with built-in Modulator

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Mon May 17 13:32:54 UTC 2010

Hi Louigi!
   Not exactly in response to your mail: But there is a csound vocoder
instrument (udo - user defined opcode), which I suppose is relatively easy to
tweak into a vocoder instrument with predefined carrier waveforms, which is
the only thing I've seen in real live so far. I have a real analogue vocoder
with an integrated, seemlessly tuneable sawtooth wave as a carrier and a
19-band filter/Eq with possible external input for s-f sounds (noise source)
and a built-in white noise source.
   I think for someone with a bit of skill in plugins and audio techniques it
shouldn't be too ahrd to create a vocoder basicly like that. Banking on the
GNU license one might take an already existing osillator plugin and strap it
for the waveform code. The most difficult part I see in it, is the switching
betwwen built-in and external carrier source. Or are you looking for the
guitar type of vocoder, which would really need a built-in modulator if any,
to shape vowels (influecne some filters)?
   Kindest regards
            Julien
            Julien

--------