[LAD] A vocoder with built-in Modulator

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Mon May 17 13:50:30 UTC 2010

Hey Louigi!
   I'm just downloading your piece. I can't see the vocoder, as I'm blind. :-)
   but, when your a composer relying on some synthetic tricks, why not use one
of the Linux biggies, like PureData, Csound (with one of its GUIs) or CLM or
SuperCollider. I'm sure they all have some kind of vocoder stubs, around which
you can build very flexible environments.
   and if you really prefer a plugin, then I think it would be best to go for
DSSI or possibly use the organe VST in Ardour.
   But why don't you like external apps, you can do everything realtime, you
could use an external vocoder like a kind of insert or just connect one
track output to it and then connect the vocoder's outputs to any tracks you
like, with any channel widt preferred, based on the vocoder's output
organisation.
   Kindly yours
          Julien

--------