[LAD] Looking for an introduction to rt programming with a gui

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Thu May 20 20:12:14 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 5:30 PM, Olivier Guilyardi <list at samalyse.com> wrote:
> Qt is really great. I also highly recommend that you look at Qt Creator which is
> included in the SDK. Although I'm a long time Vim user, I really found this IDE
> to be extremely simple and efficient.

Being a long time Vim user is probably _why_ you found it to be so efficient ...

... now if you were an Emacs user, that'd be another matter ...

Anyway, aside from Qt (which I also use and endorse) it might be worth
looking at JUCE (http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/juce.php) and NUI
(http://www.libnui.net/).  I've never tried either myself but JUCE is
quite widely used for audio applications, including by some Linux
developers.  Never really heard anything first-hand about NUI, but it
has a natty website at least.

Chris