[LAD] precision resampling to correct clock differences - no luck with libsamplerate and zita-resampler...

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Sat May 22 11:54:29 UTC 2010

On Sat, 22 May 2010, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

> Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
>
>> unfortunately, both zita-resampler and libsamplerate seem to represent
>> the sample rate ratio internally as a fraction of two integers,
>
> I haven't looked at the code for zita-resampler but for libsamplerate,
> what you said above, is not correct.

It /is/ true for zita-resampler:

     Libzita-resampler does not provide dynamically variable
     resampling ratios, and requires the ratio F_out / F_in
     to be ≤ 16 and reducible to the form  b / a with a,
     b integer, and b ≤ 1000. This includes all th
     e 'standard' ratios, e.g. 96000 / 44100 = 320 / 147.[1]

Elsewhere, I think it's also stated that the intended
purpose was high-performance conversion between standard
audio sampling rates.

-gabriel

[1] http://www.kokkinizita.net/linuxaudio/zita-resampler/resampler.html