[LAD] Jack slower than realtime/debug mode

torbenh torbenh at gmx.de
Sun May 23 11:04:40 UTC 2010

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 09:26:20AM +0200, Arnold Krille wrote:
> On Sunday 23 May 2010 04:38:53 Jeremy wrote:
> > Hmm, then it appears to not be a timeout issue.  My entire system hung
> > within a few seconds with --timeout 1000000
>
> I believe you can't really set that timeout greater then 5000.
>

> But to test your plugin, why don't you run jack either with dummy backend or
> with alsa-backend in softmode (ignoring hardware xruns) and without realtime?
> That should give you a jack that isn't going bersek.
>
> Have fun,
>
> Arnold

i gathered from irc that you are using jack2.
things are a bit different there.

if you want timeouts you need to run jack2 in sync mode.
dont use RT with a broken plugin.

not completely sure though.
for this kind of stuff jack1 is better suited, since its using sync mode
by default. and it also just kills a client which doesnt behave.

torben Hohn