[LAD] Announcing: ecaedl.pl Edit Decision List Capable Audio Playing

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Mon May 24 19:03:14 UTC 2010

I have been looking for an EDL capable audio player for a while now but have
not found one.

So I hacked together ecaedl.pl which work but is very rough.

More info here:

http://zotzbro.blogspot.com/2010/05/edl-edit-decision-list-audio-player.html

pastebin link here:

http://pastebin.com/esXJwv84

Right now this needs ecaplay from ecasound and perl. mplayer is useful to
create the edl files but they can be created by hand.

Would any cross playform audio player group be willing to add edl playing (and
creating) functionality to their player? It would make things much simpler.

(I guess I really need to add in a GPL license section to the file... soonest.

all the best,

drew