[LAD] Quiz -- The winners

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Fri May 28 19:53:43 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 09:33:28PM +0200, Jens M Andreasen wrote:

> On Fri, 2010-05-28 at 21:14 +0200, fons at kokkinizita.net wrote:
>
> > Meanwhile I did measure the signal quality of card X using
> > a *decent* generator - it is extremely good.
>

> Since it has been concluded that the problem is related to the AC power
> supply, it would be interresting to measure card-A with something a bit
> more stable - like say running on a laptop from batteries.
>
> Afterall, the initial loopback test did look surprisingly good, no?

Yes, but that is mainly because the AD and DA errors cancel each other.

The card doesn't use USB power, it has its own wall wart. When I find
the time I'll test it using batteries instead.
OTOH, I've used this card many times before and never noticed anything
as serious.  So it may well be that the power supply capacitor(s) or
some others are drying out and need replacement. There's no electronics
shop in Parma or near, so this will take some time.

Ciao,

--
FA

O tu, che porte, correndo si ?