[LAD] A little quiz about audio measurements...

Jens M Andreasen jens.andreasen at comhem.se
Sun May 30 05:29:09 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-05-29 at 12:18 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Saturday 29 May 2010, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> >So if anybody wants to program a virtual Hammond B3, should he take care
> >about tuning effects caused by the power line?
> >Btw. is the motors speed for a B3 depending to the voltage or is it
> >synced by the frequency?
> >
> >Ralf
>
> They are synch motors Ralf.  Its a different motor for me at 60hz on this
> side of the pond.

I've never heard of an out-of-tune Hammond being a problem? Perhaps
because we are not partying yet when the factories close down and all
the switching is done, and on Sundays when we go to church - which we
all do, no? - the factories aren't running at all.

What can be said though, is that in order to mimic the electric sizzling
sound of a melting power-station in America, you will build up your
drone in the key of A# rather than in G - which would have been closer
to the European 50 Hz

There is a switch on the backside of the Hammond to spin it down in
remembrance of those unforgettable brown-out moments.

--
jedes mal wenn du eine quintparallele verwendest
tötet bach ein kätzchen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43RdmmNaGfQ