[LAD] [Release] Autotalent LV2 Port

Niels Mayer nielsmayer at gmail.com
Sun May 30 16:41:05 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 10:13 PM, Jeremy <jeremybubs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Record an audio track in your favorite DAW while running it through the
> plugin, and outputting the MIDI to another track
> Correct the midi however you want (keep it monophonic)
> Feed the corrected MIDI track back into the plugin with the recorded audio,
> and listen as it corrects the pitch to match the MIDI you gave!

Seems like you could do some interesting effects this way... like
feeding by the incoming midi pitch tracking to an arpeggiator, then
autotuning off the arpeggiator. Actually something that does a half
decent job at pitch tracking would be pretty cool in it's own right...
so this autotune business is just nice frosting :-)

Thanks, this is very cool.

However, my excitement was soon dashed by not knowing enough about
LV2, or the lack of an "install:" rule in your Makefile :-)

After doing "yum install plotutils-devel" (nb: dependency on
'fftw-devel' too) I was able to generate autotalent_lv2.so via make on
Fedora 12, x86_64. How do I use this library?

I could certainly create a directory /usr/lib64/lv2/autotalent.lv2 for
the .so file,  but what do I use for plugin.ttl and manifest.ttl?

Thanks!

Niels
http://nielsmayer.com